Pages

Saturday, 13 August 2016

Agananuru 167

Today I am here with my wife on bed. Tomorrow I shall rest in a house with termites. That is my fat, I have chosen.
She is wearing bell-art-chain ornament in her waist. There are some diamonds glittering in the chain. Her black complexion is alluring. She and I are on bed with flowers today. What shall happen tomorrow?
Shall I be complaining without shutting my eyes?  
You, my mind, you have to decide.
The merchant crew will pass on forest route. The men of arid land kill them and share their wealth among them. They will be roaming with bow and arrows. Elephant will run on seeing them on the land where the creeper of notch-gourd climbing on drum-stick-gourd tree. The elephant will eat the bunch of leaves of the tree. Then it will scratch its back gently on the wall of an old free-inn. When the wall falls on, the woods will also fall on. Termites eat the woods damaging the edges of its art-work. That is place I have to rest at.
You, my heart, please decide you fat.

damaged art work by termites 

A poem by: Kadiyalur UruttiranKannanar
The text is belongs to second century B.C. or earlier.


No comments:

Post a Comment