Pages

Sunday, 6 December 2015

Agananuru 49

Daughter eloped with her lover. Nursing-mother says these words in meloncaly.
She always used to play games jugglery, coin-tossing and lame-leg once upon a time. But now she likes to be alone. There is a change in her body and attitude. What happens to her, I think. I pay a glance at her. She came to me. I touched her eye-brow and hugged. She embossed me tightly with perspiration. There was a change in it. I couldn’t read its meaning at that time.    
Now I can understand the meaning of her embrace.
She is eloping. Her lover praises her staying in heat shadow. The deer family will be tasting air-water in hot summer.
Would I have inferred earlier I wouldn’t let her to go anywhere as she likes. I would have followed her avoiding her elopement. 

A poem by: Kantarattanar of Vannappuram village.   
The text is belongs to second century B.C. or earlier.  


No comments:

Post a Comment